Saturday, January 9, 2016

A walk in the flea market - Drawings by Marina & Nathan

I post myself Marina and Nathan's drawings because I did the scans before I sent them to Germany… Here are the drawings they did in Jaffa in my sketchbook "Flea Market".

Marina drew here a typical scene in Jaffa's flea market where the sellers are playing backgammon and arguing about the same stories from the last 30 years they've known each other… Best way to spend the time waiting for clients !
Nathan's first sketch was a mistake… but a nice one ! I thought each one draws his own subject in all the sketchbooks.
Never mind, the beach in Jaffa is not very far from the flea market, so let's say that after you did a tour in the flea market, it's nice to stop and have a rest at the beach !
Here Nathan sketched a typical old painting and frames shop.
On the left, you can see big natural sea sponges and cosmetics coming from the dead sea !

Then, I decided to glue funny staff I found in the market in the verso of the sketchbook. My idea was to creat a mess - a "balagan" as they say in hebrew - of faces and objects. A multitude of small and quick drawings or elements made by the 6 sketchers… Here, Nathan got very excited as you can see, please keep on filling this messy area if possible !







No comments:

Post a Comment